“It’s quite sad because it’s been a massive part of my life. It’s hard to get my head around something that will have taken up 10 years of my life when it’s finished.” (Rupert Grint about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Directed by David Yates, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows stars Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson. Filmed in Leavesden and on location throughout Britain in 2009/2010, the World Premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 took place on 7 July 2011 at Trafalgar and Leicester Square in London.
Having found refuge at Shell Cottage, Ron, Harry and Hermione start planning to get a hold of the other Horcruxes – and therefore need to break into Gringotts.
After a narrow escape on a dragon, they have to hurry to destroy the remaining parts of Voldemort’s soul, for he and his Death Eaters have started the Battle at Hogwarts to kill Harry…
Having narrowly escaped from Malfoy Manor, Ron and Hermione are closer than ever and help Harry on his mission against Voldemort.
During the Battle of Hogwarts, they finally take an important step in their relationship – just before a horrible tragedy strikes Ron’s family…
- Ron’s first word in the film is “Snape?”
- When Ron changes clothes after jumping off the dragon, you can see two scratches on his left shoulder
- At Aberforth’s, Ron grabs one piece of bread and 3 cookies.
- When Harry’s friends step in front of him after Pansy suggests they hand Harry over, Ron is missing from the scene.
- After their kiss, Ron had a water drop at the tip of his nose
- Throughout the film, you can see scenes from each of the previous films in the character’s memories.
- Harry needs two attempts to get Malfoy onto his broom in the burning Room of Requirement. Ron grabs Zabini on the first try.
- In the Room of Requirement, you can see objects from all previous films except Deathly Hallows Part 1.
Filming: starting 19 February 2009 for 56 weeks until 12 June 2010, epilogue re-shoot in December 2010
Budget: $ 250 Million (Deathly Hallows 1+2)
Behind the Scenes
- Rupert’s favourite Scene to film:
- According to Rupert, Ron and Hermione act “couply” in the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
- Helena Bonham-Carter enjoyed being treated like a teenager by Rupert and Dan while filming the scenes where Hermione is transformed as Bellatrix to break into Gringotts
- The young actors (Rupert, Dan, Emma, Bonnie and Tom) played their characters’ older selves in the epilogue, and were aged up with makeup.
- Rupert said it was weird to see his son, as he resembled him so much.
- According to David Heyman, filming the Ron/Hermione kiss was “a critical day on set”. According to Rupert, he and Emma “were kissing up a storm”.
- The kissing scene between Ron and Hermione required between 4 and 6 takes (Rupert and Emma have mentioned different numbers in various interviews). Before filming it, they talked about how nervous they were and decided to clean their mouths before filming.
- The epilogue had already been shot in May 2010, but a re-shoot at Leavesden studios took place in December.
- Freshwater West, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK (Shell Cottage scenes)
- King’s Cross Station, London, UK (original Epilogue shoot)
- Leavesden Studios, Leavesden, Hertfordshire,
- Pinewood Studios, Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, England, UK
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
Emma Watson (Hermione Granger)
Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort)
Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy)
Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy)
Helena Bonham-Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange)
David Thewlis (Remus Lupin)
Domhnall Gleeson (Bill Weasley)
John Hurt (Mr. Ollivander)
Ryan Turner (Hugo Weasley)
Helena Barlow (Rose Weasley)
Directors: David Yates
Screenplay: Steve Kloves
Music: Alexandre Dumas
Director of Photography: Eduardo Serra
Production Designer: Stuart Craig
Costume Designer: Jany Temime
Hair & Make-Up Designer:
Makeup Effects Designer: Nick Dudman
Stunt Coordinator: Gary Powell
Editor: Marc Day
Casting Director: Fiona Weir
Producer: Warner Bros. Pictures, Heyday Films
International Sales: Warner Bros. Pictures
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for some sequences of intense action violence and frightening images)
Grosses: $ 1,328,111,219
USA: $381,011,219 (28.7%)
Other Countries: $947,100,000 (71.3%)
Widest Release: 4,375 theatres
In Release: 133 days / 19 weeks
Ranking Worldwide 2011: 1
Warner Bros. Pictures (worldwide theatrical, Canada, USA, Argentina, Germany, France, Japan, Netherlands, Singapore), Columbia TriStar Warner Filmes de Portugal (Portugal), Village Films (Greece), Sandrew Metronome Distribution (Denmark), ABC Family (TV USA)
World Premiere: 7 July 2011
US Premiere: 11 July 2011
- Kuwait: 12 July 2011
- Australia , Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazachstan, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine: 13 July 2011
- Argentina, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Greece, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand: 14 July 2011
- Armenia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Estonia, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Spain, UK, USA, Uruguay, Venezuela: 15 July 2011
- Pakistan: 22 July 2011
- Indonesia: 29 July 2011
- China: 4 August 2011
- Vietnam: 3 February 2012
- Zimbabwe: 1 March 2012
Browse our Gallery
Watch and listen to clips from Deathly Hallows Part 2
Read articles about Deathly Hallows Part 2
Read Rave Reviews about Rupert in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- Teen Choice Awards, Choice Summer Movie 2011 (winner)
- BAFTA Children’s Award, Best Feature Film 2011 (winner)
- MTV Movie Awards, Best Cast 2011 (winner)
- MTV Movie Awards, Best Movie 2011 (winner)
- People’s Choice Awards, People’s Choice Award Favourite Movie 2012 (winner>
- People’s Choice Awards, People’s Choice Award Favourite Book Adaptation 2012 (winner>
- People’s Choice Awards, People’s Choice Award Favourite Ensemble Movie Cast 2012 (winner>
- People’s Choice Awards, People’s Choice Award Favourite Action Movie 2012 (winner>
- Empire Awards, Best Film 2012 (winner)
- Evening Standard British Film Award, Blockbuster of the Year 2012 (winner)
- AFI Film Awards, Special Award 2011 (winner)
- National Board of Review, Special Achievement Award 2011, The Harry Potter Franchise – A Distinguished Translation from Book to Film (winner)
- National Board of Review, NBR Award 2011, Top Films (winner)
- Rembrandt Awards, Best International Film (Beste Buitenlandse Film) 2012 (winner)
- SFX Award, Best Film 2012 (winner)
- San Diego Film Critics Society Award, Best Ensemble Performance 2011 (winner)
- Washington DC Area Film Critics Association Awards, Best Acting Ensemble 2011 (winner)
Hermione: Well. How do I look
Ron: Just out of interest: Is there any other way out of here?
Hermione: Accio Horcrux
Ron: You’re seriously not trying that one again, are you?
Ron: Is he in here, Harry? Can you feel anything?
Ron: At least we still got Bogrod. […] That’s unfortunate.
Hermione: We can’t just stand here. Who’s got an idea?
Ron: Don’t ask us. You’re the brilliant one!
Ron: Snape’s headmaster now, we can’t just walk through the front door.
Ron: Did you get a look at him? For a second I thought it was…
Hermione: I know. Dumbledore
Ron: I don’t remember seeing this on the Marauder’s Map.
Neville: That’s because it never existed until now.
Luna: Well, there’s Rowena Ravenclaw’s lost diadem.
Ron: Oh, bloody hell, here we go.
Ron: Excuse me, but can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?
Ron: Six months she hadn’t seen me and it’s like I’m Frankie Firstyear! I’m only her brother.
Seamus: She’s got lot sof them, but there’s only one Harry.
Ron: Shut up, Seamus.
Ron: Hermione and I’ve been thinking. It doesn’t matter if we find the Horcrux.
Harry: What d’you mean?
Hermione: It means we can’t destroy it.
Ron: So we were thinking…
Hermione: Well, Ron was thinking. It was Ron’s idea, it’s completely brilliant.
Ron: You destroyed Tom Riddle’s diary with a Basilisk fang. Well, me and Hermione know where we might find one.
Ron: Harry talks in his sleep. Have you noticed?
Hermione: No, of course not.
Ron: You do it then.
Hermione: I can’t.
Ron: Yes, you can.
Ron: Bloody hell, we’ll never find him on this.
Hermione: There he is. Just there.
Hermione: He just vanished. Just now, I saw it.
Ron: Maybe he’s gone to the Room of Requirement. It doesn’t show up on the map, does it? You said so last year.
Hermione: That’s right, I – I did.
Ron: Let’s go.
Ron: That’s my girlfriend, you numpties!
Ron: Goyle set the bloody place on fire!
If we die for them, Harry, I’m gonna kill you!
Ron: Look inside him Harry. Find out where he is. If we find him, we can find the snake. We can end this.
Ron: So that means…
Harry: It’s mine!
Ron: What do we do with it?
Ron: Just saying, that’s the Elder Wand. The most powerful wand in the world. With that, we’d be invincible.
Ron: Here they come.
Rupert about Deathly Hallows Part 2
It felt like the last day at school, packing up all the stuff in my dressing room, all the old toys still there from when I was 11: I’d underestimated how emotional it would be. We all cried.
“I do remember waking up after the premiere and thinking there is no more Potter,” he says wistfully. “It felt like the premiere was closure, I felt this is really it. It has taken me a while to come fully to terms with that. I felt it a lot on the last day of filming when they said cut for the final time, it was a massive moment because it really has taken over my life.”
(mirror.co.uk November 29, 2011)
“But once we were on set it was fine, because David was really good about giving us a long chat before we did it. It ended up being fine; kind of a fuss over nothing.”
(digitalspy.co.uk July 18th, 2011)
“The scene after the battle, with the three of us on the bridge. It’s the moment that kind of chokes me up the most. It is just that power between me, Dan, and Emma. Every day, every week, every month, every year, we’ve come together and made these films quite intensely. It is a really intimate process, making a film. You do form this tight bond, especially this being such a unique way of growing up, we’ve all shared that. We’ll always stay in touch.”
(Parade July 11th, 2011)
Two-Disk Special Edition
Extras: to be announced
ASIN (Region 1): B00667KMUO
ASIN (Region 2): B006G459GO
Film 3D BluRay/DVD
Extras: Maximum Movie Mode; Aberforth Dumbledore; Deathly Hallows Costume Changes; Harry Returns to Hogwarts; The Hogwarts Shield; The Room of Requirement Set; The Fiery Escape; Neville’s Stand; Molly Takes Down Bellatrix; Final Farewells from Cast and Crew; Pottermore Preview; When Harry Left Hogwarts; The Goblins of Gringotts; The Women of Harry Potter; Deleted Scenes; Warner Bros. Studio Tour London; A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe
ASIN (Region 1): B008YUHQ3M (BluRay+DVD)
ASIN (Region 2): B00512WO9M
Extras: Disk 1: film (Theatrical version); Disk 2: Creating the World of Harry Potter Part 8: Growing Up, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2:Behind the Magic, A Conversation with J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe(Extended Cut), When Harry Left Hogwarts, Hogwarts’ Last Stand – Extended Version, The Women of Harry Potter, The Goblins of Gringotts, The Great Hall of Hogwarts, Ron and Hermione Kiss, That’s a Wrap, Harry Potter, Neville’s Battle Make-Up, The Gringotts Disguises, Harry’s Death: The Courtyard Confrontation, Secrets of the Cast Revealed! Emma Watson Gets a ‘Red Card’, Secrets of the Cast Revealed! Daniel Radcliffe Discuses His Mentors, The Magic Behind the Movies Revealed: The Secrets of Flight, Secrets of the Cast Revealed! Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort, Secrets of the Cast Revealed! A Look Back at Severus Snape, Exclusive Footage from the ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2′ London Premiere Revealed!”, The Love Life of Ron Weasley, The Weasleys: A Look Back at Harry Potter’s Favourite Family, Dumbledore and Harry: A Look Back, Favourite Lines with the Harry Potter Cast, Favourite Props and Costumes with the Harry Potter Cast, Riding Along Memory Lane, Finding Luna: A Dream Come True, A Tribute to Dobby: The Beloved House Elf, A Special Message to the Fans of Harry Potter, The Cast of Harry Potter Says Goodbye, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Pottermore Preview, Teaser Trailer, Theatrical Trailer; Disk 3: extras from double-disk edition
Specials: 48-pages Photo Book, 2 Character cards
ASIN (Region-free): B00F9442J2
Released 1 July 2011
Label: WaterTower Music
- Lily’s Theme
- The Tunnel
- Dragon Flight
- A new headmaster
- Panic inside Hogwarts
- The Grey Lady
- In the Chamber of Secrets
- The Diadem
- Broomsticks and Fire
- Courtyard Apocalypse
- Snape’s Demise
- Severus and Lily
- Harry’s Sacrifice
- The Resurrection Stone
- Harry surrenders
- Neville the Hero
- Voldemort’s End
- A new beginning